Jack Humphrey, EST. 1998, same year as Google
See Also “Names Drops and Guest Appearances” for articles and interviews I’ve conducted and given with luminaries of web marketing.
Internet marketing consultant, author, and coach with over 1.5 decades of experience in online marketing, web development, project management, coaching, SEO, Content Marketing, and membership site development.
Jack was one of the first 3 people in the world to ever “crack” the original Google algorithm preference for links which was outlined in his first bestselling book “Power Linking” in 2002. Since then, he founded Content Desk, Blog Success, and a litany of books, software, and education tools and courses, including BackTrack SEO, The Authority Black Book, Web2Submitter, CurationSoft, and Bending The Web. Jack is responsible for a very conservative 2 billion targeted visitors to his own and his readers’, members’, and clients’ websites since he published Power Linking.
In 2012 Jack Co-founded Brick Road Media, a marketing firm which specializes in done-for-you marketing, seo, and web development work, pulling from Jack’s vast experience in digital marketing and insight gained from “growing up with Google.” In 2013, Jack teamed up with Gina Gaudio-Graves to become the Associate Dean of Directions University, where he teaches members and bachelors students how to leverage the best attention and targeted traffic the web has to offer.
- 1998 began exploring the web and internet marketing as one of the original Warrior Forum members, then moderator for a couple of years.
- 2001 cracked Google’s algorithm and exposed its penchant for links as a core ranking factor, leading to…
- 2002 wrote the most widely-downloaded and respected book on link building called “Power Linking.”
- 2004 started ContentDesk.com – sold out 400 charter memberships in 24 hours at $133/month
- 2005 started the first marketer-owned blog called The Friday Traffic Report – weekly podcast and major blog that proved blogging was ideal for business’ getting ranked in search
- 2006 held our first major conference in Vegas after being “hurricaned” out of New Orleans, the original location
- 2006 created BlogSuccess.com – the web’s first education center for bloggers and marketers to use content marketing effectively
- 2008 authored Authority Black Book which was downloaded by over 50,000 marketers
- 2008 did $750,000 in sales in 48 hours with one promotion
- 2009 created “BackTrack SEO” my first full search engine optimization course
- 2010 created CurationSoft – content curation software
- 2012 released “Bending The Web” teaching marketers how leverage can be used to “bend the web to their will.”
- 2013 sold BlogSuccess.com and CurationSoft.com
- 2013 became Associate Dean at DirectionsUniversity.com
- 2002-Present – well over 1.5 billion targeted visitors to my own and my clients/students’ sites
- 2005-Present – Consultant, mentor and coach to thousands of students around the world
- 2015- Creating abundant wealth and prosperity with my clients and keeping it crazy simple!
- The Leverage Black Book (2016)
- Download The Amazing Traffic Vortex and get all the targeted traffic and conversions you need with a content marketing and monetization system you’ve never heard anyone talk about or teach before!
- Download Bending The Web – go straight to the End Game for your business and skip years of traditional online marketing.
- Jack is Associate Dean of Directions University – get direction for your business!
- Follow me on Google+
Drums, Wilderness, Family I’m a wilderness and wildlife enthusiast with a penchant for wild rivers and rubber boats. Professionally, I help businesses navigate the raging waters of the internet to get more attention without drowning in Class 5 misinformation. I’m a big time hair band fanatic. Since high school I’ve been listening to the likes of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dio, Ozzy, and Led Zeppelin, to name a few. Below is a pic of my current band, the Blackthorn’s Bards, a Celtic/ Irish band.
I’m a drummer. Yes, I was in marching band. Yes, I was 1st chair on the snare line. Yes, the drumline always got the girls. I’ve played in bands, been recorded, and even picked up some African percussion with a few Djembes and other drums. I believe I am the only Djembe player in the world to have played Johnny Cash covers in a redneck bar, or two.
Blackthorn’s Bards is an Irish/Celtic band that I’m currently having a blast playing in as much as we have the opportunity.
I am a wilderness and wildlife freak, having spent 11 years as an activist and director of a couple environmental groups. Don’t ask me to choose between people and everything else. And please don’t ask what I would do if I saw an endangered animal eating an endangered plant. If you have to ask that question, you wouldn’t understand the answer. If you are lucky enough to be in a plane crash with me somewhere over the Amazon, you’ll eat well and live to tell about it* as I am a wilderness survival nut and wildlife tracker.
*unless you are the one voted to be eaten by the rest of us during the lean times.
My humor always leans toward shock and awe, sarcasm to the point of being serious, and has been used all my life to weed out a few friends from among 7 billion other people of Earth. Favorite movies are the ones where revenge and vigilante justice is doled out by unlikely heroes. I’m against water boarding unless Jack Bauer is the one pouring the water. I have a beautiful wife, Constance, and a son who is so smart and handsome that I cannot fully claim him as mine until the DNA tests come back. 🙂
I love not traveling TOO much and prefer the warm glow of locally brewed beer over loud nights in bars. When I do get out of town, Vegas is my favorite place to sin against man and nature. Nature is where I go to sin against technology and crowds.