We bloggers have collected more traffic-driving tips and tricks than we ever use. We read something and go “Oh! I have to add that to my list of things to try sometime.” And sometime often never comes for many things we’d like to do.
Well today is “sometime” and here are 5 things you can do right now to get more blog traffic:
1. Share your latest post to Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ and make sure to ASK people to share it. We often forget to do this. The simple act of asking for a share or retweet actually works though!
2. Find a blog bigger than yours in your market that accepts guest posts and pitch a guest post idea to them. We all know guest posting is the most effective thing we can do to expand our brand, but it is easy to say “I’ll do it sometime.”
3. Email your subscribers with one simple request: To please stop by your latest post, or a post or page you want to boost in rankings, and ask them straight up to comment, Like, Tweet, and +1. Again, it works because you asked. Tell them it helps keep you fired up and keeps the content flowing!
4. Go check your feeds that you monitor and find a juicy story from a site in your niche and make a killer, insightful, meaningful comment. Try to pick a story that is as fresh as possible so you can be first to comment. Everyone else will see your comment, the blog owner will love you, people will come to your site through your link, and you might set yourself up for a guest posting opportunity later.
5. Repeat this kind of post on your site right now. Make it a list and make it as helpful as possible. Attack the biggest need in your market, like I’m doing now for you, and help your readers solve a problem or become better informed in some way. Make the title as catchy as possible by promising to solve a problem and then doing it.
This post took me 15 minutes to write. Might take you a little longer. But I know that you will appreciate it and click on the social buttons to pass it around to your peeps. :)
The tactics above are simple. Basic. And you may have seen them all before. But when was the last time you DID them all, just like that? If you want more blog traffic, stop trying to learn more and more advanced stuff at the expense of forgetting the basics.
The 5 things above are part of the main staples in driving traffic to your blog and should be incorporated in your daily or weekly marketing task list permanently.